Employer or Carrier Selects
Subject to subsection (h) of this section, an employer or the Division may designate health care providers to provide nonemergency medical attention to his employees or to claimants under this act. Except as provided in subsection (h) of this section, the employee may for any reason, select any other health care provider. If the employee selects a health care provider other than the one (1) selected by the employer or the division, the employer or division may require a second opinion from a health care provider of their choice. (Wyo. Stat § 27-14-401(f))
Subsection h: In the case of an inmate employed in a correctional industries program authorized by W.S. 25-13-101 through 25-13-107 or performing services pursuant to W.S. 7-16-202, the dept. of corrections shall select the health care provider for the inmate (Wyo. Stat. § 27-14-401(h))

Change of Provider
A worker wishing to change treating health care providers while under treatment shall file a written request with the Division, stating all reasons for the change and the name of the intended new treating health-care provider. The Division shall send notice of the change to the employer, the worker, and the current and intended new treating health care providers. (WCWR 053-0021-7 Section 3(a)(ii))

Not addressed

Panel Provisions
See Direction of Care law.

The information on this website constitutes summary information only and does not constitute legal advice. Review of the full text of the referenced statutes and regulations may be necessary. Coventry Health Care Workers' Compensation, Inc. makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy of the information contained on this website.